Statistics Research Report: This course exercises many skills related to understanding statistical procedures and analysis. For this assessment, you have the opportunity to incorporate many of the skills discussed in this course into a research report. You will use the GSS Explorer website, form a hypothesis, and then conduct a statistical analysis on the data in order to determine whether the hypothesis is accurate or not. In addition, you will record the results and make conclusions based on the hypothesis you originally designed. Having the ability to connect all the concepts to apply research and real variables ensures you understand the various methods of statistical analysis.
Preparation You will use data from the GSS Data Explorer website (https://gssdataexplorer.norc.org/), which contains archival data. Archival data is pre-existing data that has been collected by another individual or organization and is available to be analyzed, enabling you to draw new conclusions about the data. The website requires you sign up for an account. If you need help with sign-up, watch GSS Data Explorer Instructions, which walks you through the process of creating an account with the website (free of charge), finding your variables for the research report, and extracting the data to an Excel spreadsheet. Decide Your Variables Begin by selecting two variables of your choice from the following list of variables—it’s recommended that you choose one from List A and one from list B. Note that “r” represents the participant.
List A Marital status (marital). List B Told have depression (depress). If you need help, watch GSS Data Explorer Instructions: http://media.capella.edu/CourseMedia/psycfp4600element20180/wrapper.asp Be sure to name your project for this course MARRIAGE AND DEPRESSION. Resources Be sure to visit the Resources for this assessment to help you with the steps of your research report, such as the literature review, determining which statistical test to use, and writing your results in APA style. Instructions 1 Introduction.
2. Literature Review. Search for relevant, scholarly articles that support your hypothesis and argument. Consult the Resources for this assessment for guidance on searching for sources. You should have a total of SIX sources For each source, write 1–2 paragraphs that includes a main idea, evidence from the source, and an analysis.
3. Hypothesis. Include both null and alternate hypotheses.
4. Methods. 5. Participants. Describe the number of participants in the study. For this archival data project, the number of participants refers to the number of participants who responded to both of your selected variables.
5. Measures. Discuss the measurement you chose from your work throughout the course.
6. Data Analysis. Explain the form of analysis that you used to manipulate your data. Consider the following questions in your explanation. From the point that you had the raw data, what test did you run? Why did you select that test? Why did you choose to manipulate the data? How did you manipulate the data? What results did you desire?
7. Results. Report the results of your statistical analysis. Reflect on whether your null hypothesis or alternate hypothesis is correct. Make a conclusion in regard to the relationship between the variables.
8. Discussion. Discuss your results in relation to the following: How do your results compare to other research studies? How can your results be generalized? What were the limitations of the study? Is your research valid and reliable? Or, how would you evaluate the validity and reliability of your study? Submission Requirements Submit the completed 7 page assignment for this assessment. Be sure that you have cited all sources in APA style.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.