Nursing Discussion Responses: Please respond to each of the 4 discussions listed below. Each should be 1/2 page in response with 1 source per response. Responses should add to / reflect on the discussion. HPF Discussion 1n in response to Tori Lynn This week for the discussion I want to discuss the lack of performance related to mental health and mental health care coverage and how it is affecting our patients and our healthcare employees. There has been a stigma around mental health for years. These patients feel like they are drowning within themselves, there are mental hurdles that they can’t cross themselves, which causes sincere anxiety, depression, PTSD, OCD, etc. Then we tack on the inability to get coverage to speak to a psychiatrist to provide help and guidance.
I personally know 3 nurses in my department alone who have had to seek out psychiatrists for help, and who accept our hospital insurance, but it only covers the initial consultation. The remaining sessions are $175/hr. This is insane! Most people cannot afford this or don’t have insurance at all and have to pay out of pocket for the entirety. This typically leads to self-healing; alcohol abuse, substance abuse, domestic abuse, etc. Many times I have seen patients come in as a Baker Act who have tried committing suicide with pill overdose because they couldn’t afford the help they need. It is sad to see so many patients and employees suffering during this pandemic. Patients being quarantined are trying to commit suicide, and the nurses providing care are seeing so much death that they are losing their mental strength. Meanwhile, the institute for healthcare improvement is trying to implement the triple aim initiative to improve the US healthcare system. The triple aim initiative involves improving the patient’s care and satisfaction, improving the population’s health, but also cutting healthcare cost per capita (IHI, 2019). My two suggestions for improving mental health care coverage are;
1) Have regular behavior health screenings as part of the yearly physical;
2) build mental health services within the community to promote self-care, that is covered with health insurance or free to the general public. Part of improving mental health is noticing the signs and symptoms. This can be determined during a yearly physical with a focus on behavior. This way it is included in the physical, and that patient can get help if need be. The mental health services will promote how to notice the signs and symptoms, what triggers these episodes, how to promote self-care, and how to find help. These suggestions will help to promote patient satisfaction, the population’s health, and healthcare per capita. IHI. (2019). The IHI Triple Aim | IHI – Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Institute of Healthcare Improvement. http://www.ihi.org/Engage/Initiatives/TripleAim/Pages/default.aspx#:%7E:text=It%20is%20IHI’s%20belief%20that,capita%20cost%20of%20health%20care (Links to an external site.). HPF Discussion 2 in response to Christy C. I currently am not working in the health care setting, however, a performance issue in the U.S. healthcare system would be the lack of access individuals have to health care. As discussed throughout this course thus far most of us if not all of us have mentioned the lack of organization and access the U.S. health care system delivers. For example, insurance may not cover medications that would be more beneficial than currently prescribed medications a patient is receiving for their condition. Or maybe they do not have insurance in general and cannot afford the medication needed for treatment.
The U.S. health care system is complex, but there need to be adjustments to improve patient outcomes and reduce the per capita cost of health care. The economy also hurts patients who need care and receive it but are unable to pay for their medical bills. The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) has developed a framework for developing quality health programs across institutions, states, and even other countries (Galen College of Nursing, n.d.-a). The framework is called the triple aim, which consists of 3 “pillars”: improving patient experience, improving the health of populations, and reducing the per capita cost of health care (Galen College of Nursing, n.d.-a).
Two ways performance could be improved upon in the U.S. health system would be prioritizing quality and safety. Communicating to all employees not only nurses and health care providers, but to admitting clerks and housekeeping staff the importance of their job description. This is because everyone who works in the health care setting has a duty that influences the patient experiences and outcomes. For example, housekeeping staff are important in influencing patient experience because without them it would be hard to control infections if the halls, restrooms, and patient rooms are dirty (Galen College of Nursing, n.d.-b). The second way performance could be improved would be finding a health care system that benefits patients, the entire population, and its economy.
References Galen College of Nursing. (n.d.-a). Health system performance [PowerPoint slides].
https://files.galencollege.edu/media/bsn/NUR410/unit_5/unit_5_2/NUR410_unit_5_2.pdf Galen College of Nursing. (n.d.-b). Quality of health care- part 1 [PowerPoint slides].
https://files.galencollege.edu/media/bsn/NUR410/unit_5/unit_5_3/NUR410_unit_5_3.pdf EBR discussion 1 in response to Sarah F The article found is called A qualitative study exploring patient motivations for screening for lung cancer.
According to Brown (2018), qualitative and quantitative research are important for a more well-rounded view of what is going on. The method used for this study according to Roth et al. (2018) was semi-structured qualitative interviews of people that have on low-dose computed tomography of the chest for lung cancer screening for heavy smokers. The advantages of qualitative research are to get opinions about low-dose computed tomography lung screenings. The question was why these patients seek this test out. The disadvantages to this is this type of test is not testing numerical calculations. It will not tell them how many people seek preventive screenings that are heavy smokers. This research done for qualitative lung cancer screening research could give insight on how healthcare providers can reach out to patients that fit the criteria to catch lung cancer before advancing.
References Brown, S. J. (2018). Evidence-Based Nursing The Research-Practice Connection (4th ed.). (Ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning. Roth, J. A., Carter-Harris, L., Brandzel, S., Busit, D. S., & Wernil, K. J. Qualitative study exploring patient motivations for screening for lung cancer. Public Library of Science, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0196758 EBR discussion 2 in response to Trista T Review the data provided for appraisal of quantitative research where you will compare and contrast studies to draw conclusions (click here for the data). After reviewing the data presented in the table, answer the following questions:
1. What two patterns in the study can you identify? (Consider the sample and its size, study methods and whether it was appropriate to test the data, similarities/differences in the findings, and statistical significance or p value). Two patterns that I was able to identify within the study and subsequent evidence table was both the sample size/characteristics of the participants as well as the length of the studies that were conducted. All participants we at least 60 years old and all three studies compiled data from six months in order to report specific findings.
2. What are the two strengths or limitations of the data? One limitation to the supplied data is within the prospective cohort study conducted by Marrero, Fortinsky, Kuchel, and Robison (2017) the method used was the completion of a survey in which the accuracy of collected data hinges directly upon the ability of the participants to be subjective versus objective, tangible data provided within the other two study samples. Another limitation to the data is that all three study designs explored were different (i.e. randomized clinical trial, prospective cohort study, and a longitudinal cohort study) thus resulting in a wider variety of feedback based solely on the type of study conducted in each situation.
3. What is one practice recommendation that you could make based on your analysis of the studies? One practice recommendation that I could make based on my own analysis of the provided studies would be to further reduce potential variables that may result in inaccurate findings by limiting information to the objective instead of reported or subjective data.
In order to make this possible, I would only allow incidents to be reported directly by medical staff or falls that have been documented in a patient’s medical chart to be allowed into the study for consideration to result in more conclusive findings. Reference: Sample Quantitative Evidence Table [Lecture File]. Retrieved from file:///C:/Users/trist/Downloads/NSG%204000%20Quant%20Evidence%20Table_%20Jan%202020%20Term-1%20(2).pdf
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
An important research paper due imminently? We have your back! Simply request help from an expert whose expertise is verified. We employ Bachelor's, Master's, and Ph.D. graduates with years of expertise in the industry of professional writing. Before they begin writing for us, we verify their credentials and conduct assessments to ensure they can consistently provide the highest quality content. Before submission, your research article will also be examined by the quality control team.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We firmly believe that all of our clients deserve to excel in both their academic careers and, in the future, their professional life, and we are glad to assist them in achieving that goal. We have curated a team of subject-oriented academic writers who have been carefully selected to ensure that we deliver the best quality papers you can expect from a professional writer. Writing essays, completing extensive research, and performing complex calculations are all areas of expertise for every one of our specialists. They have a lot of experience in their industries. They are capable of completing any writing assignment within the allotted time limit. They enjoy what they do and are always striving to better their knowledge and abilities in research and writing. Contact us to hire our academic help services at the drop of a hat.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Our primary goal is to ensure our customers are delighted; therefore, we endeavor to offer an excellent service. Essaywriter4me's revision policy allows customers to receive free changes within ten days of the due date. You can request a free revision of your order if you believe we made a mistake. Log in to your personal account.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Are you having trouble completing your MBA project case studies and assignments? Due to a lack of time, are you unable to research? In need of a company that provides high-quality custom writing services at reasonable prices? Contact Essaywriter4me and get Take the help of a professional assignment help writer. The length, difficulty, and deadline all factor into how much time it takes to prepare and polish an essay. Completing technical assignments sometimes takes longer than expected. On the other hand, our writers and supervisors will do everything in their power to meet your deadlines. We can produce a finished article within four hours without sacrificing quality.
Original & Confidential
We check online first. Second, we examine our database of completed orders to ensure that you always receive original content. Every assignment is written from scratch by Essaywriter4me writers and double-checked with our plagiarism detection software. We never send pre-written essays or papers that include copied content. This originality report is available upon request, providing you full trust in the quality of our writing. We guarantee that all information provided or shared with us will remain confidential since we never share it with a third party. You are not concerned about what will happen to the data. PayPal and the bank protect your funds, so there is no risk of fraud or deception. Students love us due to our stringent confidentiality policies. Whatever occurs here is strictly confidential between you and us.
Customer Support 24/7
We have a team of dedicated customer care representatives eager to help you with the best-suited assignment help services, each of which is tailored to each client's unique needs. You can contact them via email, phone, or live chat if you need help with a particular subject. At Essaywriter4me, you'll have access to an expert 24 hours a day, seven days a week! Our expert writers are also available around the clock, no matter the time of the day or night. Choose between scheduling a tutoring session or getting immediate help when you need it most. We always have experts available to work around your schedule, no matter what time of day!
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
Hire an assignment writing expert to get a well-written project before the deadline. Request "write my essay" today. Our academic writers have worked in this field for years; they are familiar with the most common formatting standards. These include but are not limited to MLA, APA, Harvard, and Chicago/Turabian formats.
Our writers are chosen from a pool of qualified candidates, with just the top two percent gaining employment with our paper writing service. This implies that every writer you hire will be eager to discuss your needs and construct a flawless paper that leaves you entirely satisfied. Start by placing an order, or contact customer service for additional information about our experts.
Admission and Business Papers
Applying to college or university requires much effort and accountability. Every applicant should persuade the admissions committee with their reasons for pursuing a degree in a particular program. Please familiarize yourself with why an application essay writing service is an excellent choice for you.
Our admission essay writing service will help you effectively present yourself. It is hard to find legit online expert college application essay writers. At our service, we offer high-quality cooperation based on extensive experience and a strict confidentiality policy. The price per page varies depending on the writer's experience and the urgency of the job. Therefore, you can request, "Please write my application essay," and find the best available writer.
Editing and Proofreading
We are an award-winning group of talented editors and reviewers serving over 10 thousand clients in 100 countries. Exclusively for professors, lecturers, post-doctoral researchers, research students, and commercial clients, Essaywriter4me offers professional academic proofreading and English language editing services. Our objective is to address the increasing demand for English-language services among academics and business people worldwide.
We specialize in academic proofreading and English language editing for authors of dissertations, Doctoral dissertations, journal articles, books, journal articles, essays, and other professional documents, such as research projects, in the Social Sciences, the Sciences, and the Humanities.
If you believe your paper needs some modification, you can request a review. Our specialist writers are familiar with all academic formats, including MLA, APA, CSE, and Chicago. We collaborate to improve your writing. If you didn't start your paper the night before, you've come to the proper place. Our academic revision service is available 24/7. Simply place your order now.