Historical Contribution Before 1800 | GET SOLUTION: Oral reports I. Each student will speak to the class for up to three minutes without notes and on two different occasions about an African descended woman who lived in the Americas (but outside of the thirteen colonies in North America) and made her major historical contribution before 1800. Please avoid reporting on people already well covered in the course, e.g. Queen Nanny. Be sure to identify a historiographical debate about at least one aspect of your subject’s life, and tie your presentation to a course objective where possible.
UNC-CH has a tradition of graduating students who have a background in public speaking. One only has to read about the Di Phi’s long history on this campus. I applaud this tradition but I also know that public speaking always ranks high on lists of most feared situations. So let me from the start offer you some points to consider as you prepare:
1) What strategies might you adopt to make speaking without notes a successful experience? Should you over learn your topic, so that you have a “well” to draw on in case you forget what you wish to say? Should you adopt memory tricks?
2) What is the central idea you wish to convey? You have little time, so you need a clear central focus. Is there a historical debate about your subject, even if it is only about an incident in her life? Does your topic’s life particularly speak to any course theme?
3) Have you chosen a subject that interests you? Give some thought to your topic and do not choose one too quickly. After all, if you are not excited about your subject, we will not be either.
4) What is the best organizational strategy? Should you spend most of your time summarizing your subject’s life? Or should you briefly identify her in three or four sentences before going on to focus on a particular incident in her life and how it illustrates something larger? Students in past courses have followed both of these paths, but the latter one usually seemed to yield better results.
5) Be creative. Grab our attention with a great opening line and do not hesitate to make your presentation the one that we really remember.
6) Why not visit me at office hours if you need help or encouragement? Remember that it is usually the stronger students who take advantage of office hours.
7) Be sure to consult the schedule on the syllabus, and plan ahead. Please do not wait to start on this assignment until one or two days before you speak. Give yourself time to research, organize your thoughts, and practice your talk.
8) A note of encouragement: While public speaking may be a bit scary, I have given this assignment to previous classes and students in them have done well. I am confident that I will be able to say the same thing about you. Note that an “A” oral presentation will show excellent research, be well delivered, and will teach us something important in a memorable way. A “B” oral report will be one that is given with competence, and reflects good research, but will be less compelling than “A” work. Both “A” and “B” work will give evidence of library research
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
An important research paper due imminently? We have your back! Simply request help from an expert whose expertise is verified. We employ Bachelor's, Master's, and Ph.D. graduates with years of expertise in the industry of professional writing. Before they begin writing for us, we verify their credentials and conduct assessments to ensure they can consistently provide the highest quality content. Before submission, your research article will also be examined by the quality control team.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
Customer Support 24/7
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission and Business Papers
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Editing and Proofreading
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.