Evidence-Based Research Discussions | GET SOLUTION: Please respond to each of the 2 discussions below. Each response should be 1/2 page in length with 1 source each.
Response 1 to Kayla L.
1. What two patterns in the study can you identify? (Consider the sample and its size, study methods and whether it is appropriate to test the data, similarities/differences in the findings/concepts/themes). All of these studies within this qualitative research focused on fall prevention within the elderly population and the contributing factors. The participants were healthcare professionals who provided care for the elderly population. The number of participants in each study ranged from 16-19. The methods within these studies consisted of interviewing each of the participants to analyze different factors that could be contributing to increased fall risks within the elderly population.
2. What are the two strengths or limitations of the data? One of the strengths noted within the research was the use of the interviews of the healthcare professionals who are directly involved in patient care of the elderly population. The use of thematic analysis after collecting these interviews allowed the researchers to gather substantial evidence to support their findings. One limitation within the data was limiting the data to only the elderly population with cognitive impairments. It is important to take into consideration the different co-morbidities that one may have and the side effects of medication that they may be taking. This allows the researcher to gain a better understanding of what could be contributing to the increased fall risk within the elderly population.
3. What is one practice recommendation that you could make based on your analysis of the studies? One practice recommendation that could be beneficial for recording and reducing the number of patient falls is developing a program that allows you to write an incident report when a patient fall occurs and then link the program’s reports to the electronic health record. When the chart is opened on the patient, then it can alert staff of the patient’s history of falls. This will allow continuity of care and keep healthcare professionals current with the patient’s plan of care. The incident report will have details on how the fall occurred and will alert the staff of the patient being at a higher risk for falls. This will reduce the reoccurrence of the patient having a fall in the future than can result in life-threatening injuries.
4. Discuss one pro and one con of using qualitative versus quantitative research approaches to inform nursing knowledge. Support your response by citing and referencing either the course lesson or the assigned textbook. Qualitative versus quantitative research approaches allow one to gain different perspectives, even if the same audience is being utilized. Using a mixed-method study allows one to gain information that may have been lacking when using only one approach. On the other hand, when these studies are utilized alone there are many limitations.
For instance, when qualitative research is used alone “it utilizes in-depth interactions with a small number of participants to gain a deeper understanding of a particular phenomenon”(Galen College of Nursing, 2020). Often, the reliability of the results is questioned because of the small number of participants. Furthermore, the use of the quantitative approach uses a larger sample size and participants are not able to explain their choices and the researchers are not able to explain the meaning of their questions within the surveys or questionnaires. These two approaches are beneficial when used together. Reference Galen College of Nursing. (2020, January). Overview of Qualitative Research. Retrieved from https://files.galencollege.edu/media/BSN/NUR400v2/unit_3/unit_3_1/NUR400_unit_3_1.pdf Response 2 to Samantha C.
1. What two patterns in the study can you identify? (Consider the sample and its size, study methods and whether it is appropriate to test the data, similarities/differences in the findings/concepts/themes). The studies were based on healthcare members. They addressed barriers that cause falls, two of which were based on impaired memory.
2. What are the two strengths or limitations of the data? One limitation of the data is the small sample size. Another limitation is the studies are based on interviews and questionnaires.
3. What is one practice recommendation that you could make based on your analysis of the studies? One practice recommendation I would make is that falls should be documented and tracked. Tracking will show when the falls are happening, who is working during the time of the fall, and possibly the cause of the fall.
4. Discuss one pro and one con of using qualitative versus quantitative research approaches to inform nursing knowledge. One con is that qualitative research is not based on factual data or statistics (Melnyk & Fineout-Overholt, 2019, p. 645) One pro is that it can determine how people feel about or perceive a situation. (Melnyk& Fineout-Overholt,2019, p. 645) References Melnyk, B.M., & Fineout-Overholt, E. (2019). Generating evidence through quantitative and qualitative research. Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare: A guide to best practice. (4th). Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Wolters Kluwer Health.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
An important research paper due imminently? We have your back! Simply request help from an expert whose expertise is verified. We employ Bachelor's, Master's, and Ph.D. graduates with years of expertise in the industry of professional writing. Before they begin writing for us, we verify their credentials and conduct assessments to ensure they can consistently provide the highest quality content. Before submission, your research article will also be examined by the quality control team.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We firmly believe that all of our clients deserve to excel in both their academic careers and, in the future, their professional life, and we are glad to assist them in achieving that goal. We have curated a team of subject-oriented academic writers who have been carefully selected to ensure that we deliver the best quality papers you can expect from a professional writer. Writing essays, completing extensive research, and performing complex calculations are all areas of expertise for every one of our specialists. They have a lot of experience in their industries. They are capable of completing any writing assignment within the allotted time limit. They enjoy what they do and are always striving to better their knowledge and abilities in research and writing. Contact us to hire our academic help services at the drop of a hat.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Our primary goal is to ensure our customers are delighted; therefore, we endeavor to offer an excellent service. Essaywriter4me's revision policy allows customers to receive free changes within ten days of the due date. You can request a free revision of your order if you believe we made a mistake. Log in to your personal account.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Are you having trouble completing your MBA project case studies and assignments? Due to a lack of time, are you unable to research? In need of a company that provides high-quality custom writing services at reasonable prices? Contact Essaywriter4me and get Take the help of a professional assignment help writer. The length, difficulty, and deadline all factor into how much time it takes to prepare and polish an essay. Completing technical assignments sometimes takes longer than expected. On the other hand, our writers and supervisors will do everything in their power to meet your deadlines. We can produce a finished article within four hours without sacrificing quality.
Original & Confidential
We check online first. Second, we examine our database of completed orders to ensure that you always receive original content. Every assignment is written from scratch by Essaywriter4me writers and double-checked with our plagiarism detection software. We never send pre-written essays or papers that include copied content. This originality report is available upon request, providing you full trust in the quality of our writing. We guarantee that all information provided or shared with us will remain confidential since we never share it with a third party. You are not concerned about what will happen to the data. PayPal and the bank protect your funds, so there is no risk of fraud or deception. Students love us due to our stringent confidentiality policies. Whatever occurs here is strictly confidential between you and us.
Customer Support 24/7
We have a team of dedicated customer care representatives eager to help you with the best-suited assignment help services, each of which is tailored to each client's unique needs. You can contact them via email, phone, or live chat if you need help with a particular subject. At Essaywriter4me, you'll have access to an expert 24 hours a day, seven days a week! Our expert writers are also available around the clock, no matter the time of the day or night. Choose between scheduling a tutoring session or getting immediate help when you need it most. We always have experts available to work around your schedule, no matter what time of day!
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
Hire an assignment writing expert to get a well-written project before the deadline. Request "write my essay" today. Our academic writers have worked in this field for years; they are familiar with the most common formatting standards. These include but are not limited to MLA, APA, Harvard, and Chicago/Turabian formats.
Our writers are chosen from a pool of qualified candidates, with just the top two percent gaining employment with our paper writing service. This implies that every writer you hire will be eager to discuss your needs and construct a flawless paper that leaves you entirely satisfied. Start by placing an order, or contact customer service for additional information about our experts.
Admission and Business Papers
Applying to college or university requires much effort and accountability. Every applicant should persuade the admissions committee with their reasons for pursuing a degree in a particular program. Please familiarize yourself with why an application essay writing service is an excellent choice for you.
Our admission essay writing service will help you effectively present yourself. It is hard to find legit online expert college application essay writers. At our service, we offer high-quality cooperation based on extensive experience and a strict confidentiality policy. The price per page varies depending on the writer's experience and the urgency of the job. Therefore, you can request, "Please write my application essay," and find the best available writer.
Editing and Proofreading
We are an award-winning group of talented editors and reviewers serving over 10 thousand clients in 100 countries. Exclusively for professors, lecturers, post-doctoral researchers, research students, and commercial clients, Essaywriter4me offers professional academic proofreading and English language editing services. Our objective is to address the increasing demand for English-language services among academics and business people worldwide.
We specialize in academic proofreading and English language editing for authors of dissertations, Doctoral dissertations, journal articles, books, journal articles, essays, and other professional documents, such as research projects, in the Social Sciences, the Sciences, and the Humanities.
If you believe your paper needs some modification, you can request a review. Our specialist writers are familiar with all academic formats, including MLA, APA, CSE, and Chicago. We collaborate to improve your writing. If you didn't start your paper the night before, you've come to the proper place. Our academic revision service is available 24/7. Simply place your order now.