Crj 123: These are meant to be short essay questions. Answers should be approximately 1-1/2 pages. You need to answer a total of five questions worth 10 points each. Please do not attempt to write a novel and double-space your answers. These questions are designed to test your ability to quickly zero in on the key points and to give you a chance to relate the information to your own views.
The question must be typed using normal (12 pt.) font and margins. These are essay questions so I expect appropriate use of full sentences and paragraphs. Up to 10% of your exam grade can be deducted for excessive grammatical errors or errors that interfere with the ability of the reader to understand your arguments. Proofread and edit your papers! In addition, answers should cite to your sources of information. The exam is based on the reading materials from the course and discussion threads. Although you may use outside sources if you wish, they are not required. This is a take-home assignment. This means that you may make full use of your readings and materials. This is not, however, a group project. The assignments must be completed individually. Essays are due on Thursday, August 13 by 11:59 pm. Submit them as a Word doc to the assignment dropbox in Canvas. Answer one of the following questions (worth 10 points).
1. Which of the cases interpreting Katz do you most agree with and why? Support your answer with facts from the case.
2. Which of the cases interpreting Katz do you most disagree with and why? Support your answer with facts from the case. Answer two of the following questions (worth 10 points).
3. Address the hypotheticals raised in Note 11 on page 183 (see second full paragraph). Would you find sufficient probable cause for the search for an atomic bomb? The search for a stash of cocaine? Do you believe the existence of probable cause should be based on a sliding scale depending on the seriousness of the crime as suggested in the Note? Why or why not?
4. Identify and describe two of the search warrant exceptions we have studied this semester. Of the two, which one do you believe has most benefitted law enforcement officers? Support your answer.
5. Identify some of the factors that should be considered in determining if consent to search was given voluntarily. Do you believe that defendants should be warned of their right to refuse consent to search (similar to Miranda warnings)? Why or why not?
6. Suppose that a police officer, based on his or her personal observations, reasonably suspects (but lacks probable cause to believe) that a customer in a store is about to shoplift some merchandise. Under Terry v. Ohio, may the officer briefly detain the customer for questioning? May the officer pat down the suspected shoplifter? Support your answer. In answering this question, think of the original basis of Terry compared to the broader interpretation of the ruling in later cases. Answer one of the following questions (worth 10 points).
7. Under Berkermer v. McCarty, how does the U.S. Supreme Court define custody for purposes of “custodial interrogation”? Based on your readings, do you agree with this definition? If not, how would you determine when someone is in custody?
8. What does it mean when we say defense attorneys are required to zealously represent their clients? Based on the readings and threaded discussions, what, if any, limitations would you put on what attorneys can or cannot do when defending their clients? Support your answer.
9. In the case of Strickland v. Washington, evaluate the decisions that the defense counsel made in that case. If you were Strickland’s defense counsel, which decisions would you have followed and what, if anything, would you have done differently? Do you agree or disagree with the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in this case? Support your answer (do not forget to include page numbers for any verbatim or closely paraphrased quotes).
10. Based on the materials in the readings, what do you see as the most problematic issues with eyewitness identifications, both pretrial and in the courtroom?
Design a system that corrects for these problems. Include rules for admitting both pretrial and in-court room identifications into evidence at trial. Support your answer. Answer the following question (worth 10 points). 11. Of all of the cases we have studied this semester (you may include note cases here), which one do you most agree with and why. Do not use a case you used in questions 1 or 2.
Why Choose Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
An important research paper due imminently? We have your back! Simply request help from an expert whose expertise is verified. We employ Bachelor's, Master's, and Ph.D. graduates with years of expertise in the industry of professional writing. Before they begin writing for us, we verify their credentials and conduct assessments to ensure they can consistently provide the highest quality content. Before submission, your research article will also be examined by the quality control team.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We firmly believe that all of our clients deserve to excel in both their academic careers and, in the future, their professional life, and we are glad to assist them in achieving that goal. We have curated a team of subject-oriented academic writers who have been carefully selected to ensure that we deliver the best quality papers you can expect from a professional writer. Writing essays, completing extensive research, and performing complex calculations are all areas of expertise for every one of our specialists. They have a lot of experience in their industries. They are capable of completing any writing assignment within the allotted time limit. They enjoy what they do and are always striving to better their knowledge and abilities in research and writing. Contact us to hire our academic help services at the drop of a hat.
Free Unlimited Revisions
Our primary goal is to ensure our customers are delighted; therefore, we endeavor to offer an excellent service. Essaywriter4me's revision policy allows customers to receive free changes within ten days of the due date. You can request a free revision of your order if you believe we made a mistake. Log in to your personal account.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
Are you having trouble completing your MBA project case studies and assignments? Due to a lack of time, are you unable to research? In need of a company that provides high-quality custom writing services at reasonable prices? Contact Essaywriter4me and get Take the help of a professional assignment help writer. The length, difficulty, and deadline all factor into how much time it takes to prepare and polish an essay. Completing technical assignments sometimes takes longer than expected. On the other hand, our writers and supervisors will do everything in their power to meet your deadlines. We can produce a finished article within four hours without sacrificing quality.
Original & Confidential
We check online first. Second, we examine our database of completed orders to ensure that you always receive original content. Every assignment is written from scratch by Essaywriter4me writers and double-checked with our plagiarism detection software. We never send pre-written essays or papers that include copied content. This originality report is available upon request, providing you full trust in the quality of our writing. We guarantee that all information provided or shared with us will remain confidential since we never share it with a third party. You are not concerned about what will happen to the data. PayPal and the bank protect your funds, so there is no risk of fraud or deception. Students love us due to our stringent confidentiality policies. Whatever occurs here is strictly confidential between you and us.
Customer Support 24/7
We have a team of dedicated customer care representatives eager to help you with the best-suited assignment help services, each of which is tailored to each client's unique needs. You can contact them via email, phone, or live chat if you need help with a particular subject. At Essaywriter4me, you'll have access to an expert 24 hours a day, seven days a week! Our expert writers are also available around the clock, no matter the time of the day or night. Choose between scheduling a tutoring session or getting immediate help when you need it most. We always have experts available to work around your schedule, no matter what time of day!
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
Hire an assignment writing expert to get a well-written project before the deadline. Request "write my essay" today. Our academic writers have worked in this field for years; they are familiar with the most common formatting standards. These include but are not limited to MLA, APA, Harvard, and Chicago/Turabian formats.
Our writers are chosen from a pool of qualified candidates, with just the top two percent gaining employment with our paper writing service. This implies that every writer you hire will be eager to discuss your needs and construct a flawless paper that leaves you entirely satisfied. Start by placing an order, or contact customer service for additional information about our experts.
Admission and Business Papers
Applying to college or university requires much effort and accountability. Every applicant should persuade the admissions committee with their reasons for pursuing a degree in a particular program. Please familiarize yourself with why an application essay writing service is an excellent choice for you.
Our admission essay writing service will help you effectively present yourself. It is hard to find legit online expert college application essay writers. At our service, we offer high-quality cooperation based on extensive experience and a strict confidentiality policy. The price per page varies depending on the writer's experience and the urgency of the job. Therefore, you can request, "Please write my application essay," and find the best available writer.
Editing and Proofreading
We are an award-winning group of talented editors and reviewers serving over 10 thousand clients in 100 countries. Exclusively for professors, lecturers, post-doctoral researchers, research students, and commercial clients, Essaywriter4me offers professional academic proofreading and English language editing services. Our objective is to address the increasing demand for English-language services among academics and business people worldwide.
We specialize in academic proofreading and English language editing for authors of dissertations, Doctoral dissertations, journal articles, books, journal articles, essays, and other professional documents, such as research projects, in the Social Sciences, the Sciences, and the Humanities.
If you believe your paper needs some modification, you can request a review. Our specialist writers are familiar with all academic formats, including MLA, APA, CSE, and Chicago. We collaborate to improve your writing. If you didn't start your paper the night before, you've come to the proper place. Our academic revision service is available 24/7. Simply place your order now.